One of my life mottos is that I believe everything happens for a reason . I believe that everything is connected in some way and that little moments connect into big moments. I believe that God intertwines themes into our lives to teach us and speak to us in different ways.
I’ve always been amazed by the creation story. The only thing God had to do was use His voice, then life and beauty came into existence. Looking around at His beautiful creation: the mountains, the oceans, the living creatures – it all leaves me so overwhelmed and awestruck by His goodness.
The creation narrative seems to be a theme woven into my life lately. I’m learning this is because I needed to be reminded of God’s goodness and how truly powerful He is. Sometimes I lose sight of how big He is and I forget that He spoke the universe into existence.
Let that soak in for a second.
The God that only had to use His voice to create the sun & moon, the land & sea, the light & darkness is the SAME God that loves us and resides in our hearts. He’s the SAME God that cares about all of our fears and worries, big or small.
The other day I was listening to the song, “Great are you Lord,” one of my favorite songs of the moment.
In the chorus it sings,
“it’s your breath, in our lungs, so we pour out our praise..“.
This part of the song reminds me of creation all over again. God created us. It is literally HIS breathe in our lungs. He gave us the life we live, the body we live in, and the oxygen that gives us life. Because of that, He deserves ALL of our praise. He deserves our everything!
Here are some truths God has planted in my heart surrounding the creation theme:
1. God is all powerful! Just with His voice, He brought life into existence, therefore He is capable of anything! “With God, all things are possible” (Phil. 4:19).
2. He is the SAME God, yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). The God that spoke our universe into existence is the SAME God that resides in our very hearts and He cares and listens to each and every one of us.
3. He is the one true God! I choose to believe that what the Bible says about creation, and God himself, is true. This means we can firmly believe that ONLY He has the power to create such a beautiful universe.
4. He deserves ALL of my praise for my whole life! If He is the one true God, who breathed life into my very lungs, who formed me in my mother’s womb, and who spoke the universe into motion then how can I not recognize Him as my God? He forgives me when I fail and picks me up when I fall. He deserves all of my praise!
5. God is good in every season. Even in the storm God protects us , restores us, and comforts us. He is merciful and slow to anger. Even when we go through difficult seasons, God is still there.
Kaitlyn is 23, a wife, a chinchilla mom, and she currently works full-time as a retail department manager. She dabbles a little in portrait and nature photography, as she enjoy capturing memories and natural beauty. Kaitlyn loves to write, spend time with her hubby, and explore God’s marvelous creation. She enjoys playing the piano, even though she’s still a beginner. Random fact: She would probably cry if she was ever given the honor of holding a sloth. Most importantly, Kaitlyn loves Jesus and is so grateful for His unconditional love and grace. She learns more about Him everyday, and desires to journey with other women, as we learn to walk in bravery, and shine His light through our lives.